Home sweet Home

Home sweet Home
Palm Trees along the Swan River

Friday, July 3, 2009

A Hard Ending

The last few weeks of my study abroad trip to Curtin uni brought about many mixed emotions from me as well as the group of amazing friends I have made here. I am so sad to leave them, even heartbroken. While I love and miss my friends back at home and at Elon, the friends here I will cherish the rest of my life! We formed such a close bond so quickly, and it seems that it was stripped from me entirely too quickly.
The last few weeks, we were able to hang out alot more often, since everyone was done fairly early with their finals. We played a few pick-up games of footy and soccer, and went out a fair bit. In the last week all together as a group, 2 people celebrated their birthdays: Rhys turned 20 and Renae turned 18! The entire week was a long birthday celebration for the 2 of them consisting of going out to the pubs and clubs, since Renae is now legal!! Everything we did that week was so fun and so memorable..it was the last time that we will have that exact group of people together to go out and have fun :(
Anyway, people began slowly leaving for home and holidays, and I became increasingly sadder. I am sure some of these people have walked into and out of my life for good, though I hope I come across them again at some point! Towards the end of the week, I went to Albany to stay with Rhys at home. While there is not a ton to do in Albany, we found things to do together such as a Walk Among the Giants, in which u walk the suspension ramps up to 40 meters high in the Tingle Trees (excellent views!), go to Denmark to the beaches and to see where my friend Jamee comes from, go to see Transformers II, and drive around Albany a bit. It was a slow-paced week, but I cherish it!!
The night that I left Albany is one of the worst nights I can remember. I was not ready to leave WA and definitely not ready to leave Rhys! I cried the entire way from Rhys' house to the airport, the entire wait in the airport, and almost the entire hour-long flight to Perth. Once I got to Perth, 2 good friends Matt and Calum were there to meet me with my luggage. I am forever grateful that they were there because I was too upset to deal with the issues that I began having when I tried to check in. My luggage was almost 30 kilos over the limit for domestic flights, and for every single kilo over the limit you have to pay a fine of 10 dollars. I was ultimately going to pay about 300 dollars to take my luggage to Melbourne with me, so instead I repacked my bags and left a bag in Perth with the boys. Matt will bring it back to the states with him when he returns towards the end of July.
After a sad goodbye and thank-you to Calum, he and Matt left me in the airport to catch my flight to Melbourne. Goodbye WA, I can't wait to see you again!!

<3<3

No comments:

Post a Comment