Home sweet Home

Home sweet Home
Palm Trees along the Swan River

Friday, July 16, 2010

Job?!

So I have been searching and searching for jobs...applying for anything any everything. And getting declined. There is nothing like sending out 25 applications in one day and being turned down by them ALL. What is wrong with me and my resume!? Someone please tell me!! I actually am starting to think that it is my working visa...which almost makes no sense. On this visa, I am allowed unlimited amounts of work where I want to work...so take that employers!! You COULD have a hard working employee for as many hours a week as you like, but no! I think that the problem is that I can only work for them for a maximum of 6 months. I've tried explaining to them that I have applied to Curtin University, and am hoping to get on a student visa thus allowing me to continue my term of employment, but I cannot promise that I will be accepted/put on a student visa. Blast.
BUT...I did have an interview today! It was with a company called Dome, which is very similar to a Panera or a Starbucks. They serve coffee and food and have the cafe atmosphere. The woman who interviewed me seemed to enjoy my interview (short as it was), and said that I did a very nice job interviewing and she would be in contact with me early this week. While I'm very hopeful, she did say that they're interviewing 150 people for 40 spots. EEK!! I'm really hoping that my previous 2 years experience in Panera working as a barista/bakery assistant caught her eye!!
Anyway, wish me luck!!!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Jenn!!! Hope you get that job before you get cut off... lol! jk!

    Love ya! Mom

    ReplyDelete