Home sweet Home

Home sweet Home
Palm Trees along the Swan River

Monday, April 20, 2009

Some updates

Friday, a group of about 18 friends (including me) went paintballing. This is the first time I have ever been paintballing, so I wasn't sure of what to expect. After getting lost (the place is about 45 minutes away from Curtin), we arrived at the course. The instuctor had us all fill out a waiver and get into some jumpsuites and masks. He then proceeded to inform us on how to use a gun and about the different areas we were going to be gaming in. I was scared out of my mind by the time he was done explaining everything to us. Then it was time go onto the first course. For the majority of the course, I hid behind a tree, terrified to get hit. I saw alot of people from the other team surrendering and walking off, so I thought I might be able to move away from my hiding spot. As soon as I moved, I was getting shot at!! Terrified, I began shooting all the people I saw around me. I got a few people to surrender, but eventually got shot as well...right on the tibia (shin) bone. OUCH! BUT the paintball did not explode, therefore I was not out yet!! I made it through the first game alive!
In the next game that we played, I had to surrender because I ran out of ammo. As I was surrendering (raising the gun up so people know NOT to shoot at you), I got shot 3 times...once in the thumb, once on the left thigh and once on the right knee. It was painful!! These hits yielded HUGE welts which eventually turned into nasty ringed bruises...blue/purple/red/white rings...literally!!
By the end of the day, I was ready to quit!! We played many different games on different courses. It's fun, but terrifying!! I suppose I will never ACTUALLY shoot guns because holding a weapon was scary enough...not to mention the 50 other people on the courses holding guns and shooting at me!!
Other news: I finally got a grade!! Only halfway through the semester..ya know. Anyway, it was on my Cell biology test that I took before the 2-week break. I got an A! Yay!! Told you I studied..

<3 me

2 comments:

  1. You are a lot braver than me, never could I ever do that. We are missing you here, but you are having so much fun, don't forget us.
    I hear you are doing great in school too, keep it up.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you find the time to fit academics into your hectic schedule...lol!

    Love ya!

    Mom

    P.S. 28 days and counting!

    ReplyDelete