Home sweet Home

Home sweet Home
Palm Trees along the Swan River

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Footy

One of the student advising staff members bought tickets for the study abroad students within my group to attend an Aussy Rules Football game on Friday. Not as many abroad students as expected actually picked up tickets to attend the game, so I was able to gather enough tickets for my friends to come along. The game was held at the Subiaco Oval in Perth City. Fremantle Dockers, which was the home west coast team from Perth, was playing against the Hawthorn Hawks, who are from Melbourne area. The game was really fun and exciting to watch. It is fairly similar to rugby I am told, but I don't know anything about rugby either, and is much faster pacedthan American Football is. Unfortunately, the Dockers lost the game, but it was a fun experience to see an aussy-rules game in Australia!!

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing you in 3 days!!!

    Love you!!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete