Home sweet Home

Home sweet Home
Palm Trees along the Swan River

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Birthday,

Today was my 21st Birthday!! Mom and Rick were in town, so they took me and a bunch of friends on a Swan Valley Wine Tour. I have never been on a wine tour, so the whole experience was new to me. We were picked up in Perth and were driven into the valley. We went to three differrent wineries where we tasted around 6 types of wine at each place, along with nouget and cheese. I didn't find too many wines that I enjoyed, so I guess I won't become a wine-o, as mom puts it!!.
We were then taken to a german brewery where we each had a glass of beer each. We got to pick from a list of about 4 different types of beers. I tried a pilsener and was not too fond of it, so I swaped with mom. Her beer was a little bit better. At the brewery, they had german sausages there for everyone to sample as well which were REALLY good!!
After, we went to Margaret River Chocolate Factory. This factory is famous for its quality chocolates all over the world. The chocolates were veryyy good!!! Everyone was given a sample chocolate, and then I bought an ice cream and a small box of hazelnut chocolated covered peanuts, which are REALLY good!!
Then it was back to Perth for dinner with everyone at a pizza shop!!
Overall, a very fun and unique birthday!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Rick and I had a blast with you and your friends on your 21st birthday! Tell everyone "hi" for us.

    We are currently at the airport near Uluru awaiting our flight to Cairns.

    Talk to you later!

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete