Home sweet Home

Home sweet Home
Palm Trees along the Swan River

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Just a start

I am leaving tomorrow (the 5th) for Australia! AHH! How crazy!! Here is the plan...my flight out of Philadelphia is at 4pm. I land in LA at 704 pm LA time, and take off for Australia at 1150pm LA time. I arrive in Brisbane at 745am Brisbane time on the 7th (yea I totally miss the 6th..I am in the air and cross the international dateline before then). I have a good 5-or-so hour layover until 120pm, at which time I leave for Perth!! Once I land in Perth at 535 pm, I will be picked up from the airport and taken to Curtin University where I will be studying for the semester!

I don't know what courses I will be taking because I cannot sign up until I actually get to the university. I am living in Vickery House, which is a house owned by the university. I will have either 5 or 7 room mates, all of which are international. We will have 2 weeks of orientation...1 with just American students and 1 with all international students. We begin classes on Feb. 25th. I am not sure what the schedule for the semester looks like yet, but I will find all that out soon enough!

I will miss you all, but I am sure that I will be able to find things to occupy myself!!
Next time you hear from me, I will be in Australia! How exciting!!

6 comments:

  1. I will miss you like madd! Have a safe trip - try to sleep. Rick & I (& hopefully Beth) will see you in May for your 21st birthday. Always remember the mantra: "Books good, boys bad." lol. Luv ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will miss you here at the OBX, but have a great time.
    Will toast you on your bday.
    Sandy and Thurman

    ReplyDelete
  3. have a great time!!!! I will be seeing you this summer when you get back! AND i agree with what your mom said, she is right, boys are bad!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY Lucky you!!!!! Hope the flight wasn't bad (sorry I didn't comment earlier!) So excited to hear what you think of perth initially =) tell mom that if Beth doesn't go they can take meee!!!! =) =) =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Matt who???? I'm pretty picky about who I take to 'Stralia' to see my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. can jan and i come along. if matt can go so can we.

    ReplyDelete