Home sweet Home

Home sweet Home
Palm Trees along the Swan River

Friday, February 20, 2009

Orientation/Kings Park

Ok so the past few days:

Wednesday was Orientation day, so everyone came on campus to sign up for clubs/get free things/hangout. It was fun for the hour or so that I was there. After, there was a party at the Tav. A local band out of Perth played. They are really decent..I hear people at home have heard of them so I guess they're fairly well-known. After, a group of us hung out at a friends house and then moved on to the Waterford.

Thursday was a relatively boring day. Nothing too much was going on, so I just did some laundry and hung out. Around dinner time, there was a Welcome Party for Vickery House, where I live. They had free pizza and more clubs and trips to sign up for. Afterwards, a few of us went to a friends house in Erica Underwood, which is clear across campus from Vickery House. We ate more dinner there and watched tv until it was time to go home. It was nice to have a down day since every other day has been pretty packed with things to do.

Today (Friday), I went with a few friends up to Kings Park in downtown Perth. It is a really pretty park (and REALLY big) that over looks the entire city. It's really cool because downtown is relatively small, so you can see the entire thing and then some. It also sits right on top of the Swan River. When we left, we went to the Carousel Shoppes to get some groceries and such, then went home.

I am currently getting ready for another Orientation day party at the Tav. I don't think there is a band or anything, just a big hang out. Should be pretty fun because alot of people go to it.

The past few days have been cooler...around 25 celcius (80F), but today it spiked again to about 35 or 40 (100-110), so it's REALLY hot out!! But that's why I am here!!!

Classes start Monday!

-Me

1 comment:

  1. What is the Waterford? Is Tav short for tavern? It is my understanding that the Aussie's like to abbreviate words...true? We will be booking our flights and such within the next two weeks. I am concerned that your sister will not come with us. Talk to her!!!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete