Home sweet Home

Home sweet Home
Palm Trees along the Swan River

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Cirque du Soleil

Last night (wednesday), Livia, Komal, Kelsey and I went to Cirque du Soleil!! This is probably one of the most amazing events I have ever attended in my life!! The people are ridiculously acrobatic/flexible/balanced!! SO crazy!! I absolutely recommend it to anyone into dance/performing arts.
Some of the stunts that they performed included:
- juggeling with a combination of 9 pins and balls while doing flips, spins, turns, etc.
- balancing on balls twice the size of the person while doing flips, spins, turns onto/off the ball and balancing on each others shoulders
- a trampoline act involing like 10 people, 2 large trampolines, and high walls. They jumped off the walls and did ridiculous flips onto/off of the trampolines, ran up the walls and fell, etc. So cool
- one girl got up on a round platform that was probably 10 ft off the ground and had only about a 4 ft diameter. on the platform was a tiny little balancing bar. she balanced on the bar with ONE hand for like 15 minutes doing absolutely crazy handstands/airsplits/body cortorsions. she was amazingly flexible
- one couple did a gorgeous duet on material hanging from the ceiling. they each had their own piece of material and they did variations on wrapping their body in the material and falling back to the ground...they were not attached to ANYTHING...they just depended on their material wrapping skills. that act alone made the entire show worth seeing.
- girls in pointe shoes balancing on balls comprapable to lightbulbs. they balanced on each other shoulders...while on point on these balls...up to 3 people high...without falling. take it from me...pointe isnt easy even without anyone balancing on top of your shoulders...i can't imagine anyone (let alone 2 people) balancing on my shoulders while on pointe and balancing on balls. wow.

Anyway...the show was definitely worth seeing!!! I loved it and decided I am joining it!

<3 me

1 comment:

  1. You are joining the cast of Cirque du Soleil? lol! You have a great sense of humor!

    Love ya,Mom

    P.S. BB got lost again...this time in Rick's closet. I saw her go into the closet, but when I looked in she was gone! She vanished into thin air! Later I saw she was crouched at the back of a shelf. She hissed at me when I tried to extract her. lol!

    ReplyDelete