Home sweet Home

Home sweet Home
Palm Trees along the Swan River

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Toga Toga!

So this week has been rather eventful!! Nothing too special happened Monday or Tuesday, but Wednesday was the Toga Party hosted by the Guild (student org) at the Tav. It was a ton of fun seeing everyone there in their togas/other accodomations. I was going to wear a toga..I had a sheet and everything..but my friends convinced me to just wear my white dress that I wore over to their house where we were all getting ready. It turned out to be just fine, though I am sure the toga would have been more festive :). Highlight of the Toga Party: seeing a very big dude in a hot pink, fuzzy toga. Unfortuntately I was laughing too hard to get any pictures :(
After the Tav, a bunch of us headed over to the Waterford for some Karaoke. Livia, Victoia and I sang the Thong Song. Yes..I did karaoke!! It was a lot of fun, but the crowd was small and I knew most of the people, so making a fool out of myself was alright. If I had tried it later in the night..I'm not so sure I would have done it!
Thursday...nothing special. Just some classes and such.
Friday was Beach Bash!! What a great event!! It was also sponsered by Guild at the Tav. Everyone came in bathing suits/beach wear. They had hot tubs, sand and random sand toys, a live band, and a foam machine! One of my aussy friends, David, and his friends all actually came wearing yellow life vests and swim caps...crazy kids! There is documentation of that. My friends and I just wore bathing suits with sundresses over...so we were still beachy-festive! The event lasted until 1130, at which time we all went back to Erica Underwood (the nicer accomodations on campus) to get some pizza and socialize with all the new friends we made. We continue to accumulate friends into our group..it's always a good time and I feel like I know a ton of people, althought not that many aussys. Even walking across campus (40,000+ students I think) I always run into someone I know...that doesn't even happen at Elon that often!
Saturday was a lazy relax/study on the beach kind of day, so we took off around one, ate lunch in Scarboro, and went down to the beach. When we got there, there was a helicopter circling over the ocean. About ten minutes later, sirons began sounding and everyone who was in the water made a mad dash for land...apparently there were sharks!! EEK!! After about 30 minutes of the siron/helicopter/boats attempting to get rid of the sharks, it was safe to get back into the water. And thank God because it was brutally hot just laying there on the beach! No one went in very far for fear of a returning hungry shark, but waist deep seemed safe enough. The water is crystal clear, so we would have seen a shark coming from fairly far off. I am not sure if I mentioned this earlier, but the water here is surprisingly very cold...which is amazing on a hot day! Unfortunately, if it's cool at all (as in below 85 or so) the water is almost too chilly to get in.
On the way home from the beach, we were talking about the Little Mermaid for some odd reason, so we rented it and watched it. Today (Sunday), Livia, Kelsey and I decided to skip the beach and head into Perth to do some shopping. It's generally harder to get public transport back from the beach on Sundays since they only run about once an hour. We found that out the hard way last Sunday, but it worked out in our favor because we ended up getting to watch the sunset on the beach...something I have never seen before since I live on the east coast in the states. That was really pretty!!

That's all for now!!
<3 me

1 comment:

  1. So...do you find that studying gets in the way of all the fun you are having or vice versa? lol

    Luv ya! Mom

    P.S. Please continue to have fun!

    ReplyDelete