Home sweet Home

Home sweet Home
Palm Trees along the Swan River

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Coldplay/Cott/Scarboro

Friday I didn't have any classes, so I wandered around campus getting some things done. A few friends and I hung out for a few hours until it was time for the Coldplay concert! WHAT A GREAT SHOW!! Hands down, it was the best concert I have ever been to!! They had awesome effects (lights/video screens etc) and, during the song "Yellow" for those of you familiar with the band, they released HUGE yellow balloons filled with confetti. They exploded randomly as people were bouncing them overhead. The guitar player even burst a few with his guitar!! Then TONS of confetti was released from the ceiling. SO much fun and definitely worth going to!! Getting home was interesting, though. Since the concert let out "late" (11pm), public transport was interesting to figure out. We couldn't get a bus from the Burswood Dome, where the concert was held, back to campus, so we had to walk to the Victoria Street Bus Station, which is a few K away. It took about 30 minutes to walk there, and then we had to wait 45 minutes for the next (and last) bus of the night. We got home at about 130am.

Saturday a few of us went to Cottosloe beach for the day. We took our books along to study as well. I got through the first chapter of my cell bio book...it's all review of things I already know, so that is a good sign I guess. After the beach there was a welcoming bbq at the common room where I live. They had interesting sausage...very different from what we have in the states. After, I hung out with some friends/made new friends.

Today (sunday), a bunch of friends and I went to Scarboro Beach which is about an hour away on public transport. It's such a nice beach!! The waves are bigger than they were at Cott and at Yanchep, so it was alot more fun to be out in the water! We spent about 6 hours at the beach and, from what I can tell so far, I didn't burn!! YAY!

Now I am beat from a long day in the sun sooo it's bed time!!

1 comment:

  1. Making progress in the tan department I see! Yoohoo! Build up that tan for Kitty Hawk...Sandra will be so proud of you! Do they call the sausage 'snags'?

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete