Home sweet Home

Home sweet Home
Palm Trees along the Swan River

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Grant visits

One of my good friends from home in Lancaster came to visit this weekend!! Grant is studying abroad in Brisbane, which is on the East Coast towards the north. I took a cab to meet him at the airport, found him, and took a cab back to campus. Cabs are not cheap. We then walked to the Tav to meet up with a bunch of my friends. We hung out and played pool for a while before deciding to head over to Don Watts (where some of my friends live). This is where Grant was going to stay for the weekend because they have couches there and it's much more spacious.
Once we got to Don Watts, we all changed and got ready for the beach. We went out to Cottesloe beach, which is a really pretty beach here. It was also apparently Heath Ledgers favorite beach!! We hung out on the beach for a while and played footy (aussy rules football...much more fun that american football) and swam.
We left the beach to head back to school around 6 and showered, ate and got ready for a night out in Northbridge. On the way home, I took Grant through Perth city so he could see some of the things Perth has to offer such as the Swan Belltower, the ferris wheel, the Swan river (the city sits on top of the river), a glance at Kings Park (we didn't get up there), the street malls, and the Perth Kangaroos.
Grant forgot to bring his passport, so the only ID that he had to get into the clubs was his Pennsylvania license. We luckily ended up getting into a club, although my friends and I don't always like this club. It ended up being a good night for this particular club, though, and we all had a good time. They had a live band that night doing covers of popular songs!
Saturday, we all hung out, played some footy and ate lunch. We went to a BBQ at my friends boyfriends house. He lives in Fremantle, so it was about a 20-minute car ride. A bunch of us took public transport since we only had one car about 15 of us went. Public transport took an hour and a half.
Once there, we met Chris' friends and hung out around the fire pit. Chris grilled up some food (sausages, burgers, potato salad, veggies, etc) and we all ate. It was a pretty fun night...new people, good music, fire..all fun. We camped out in Chris' back yard in tents and swags. A few people went back to Don Watts because it was kind of chilly out. I toughed it out in a swag. They didn't turn off the music all night, but I eventually fell asleep only to be woken up the next morning by Chris and his friends flipping my swag. It was 630am. Music was blaring again. They are crazy!!
We ate breakfast and packed up the car and went back to Don Watts. Because we all were woken up at a ridiculous hour, we were all tired. We watched Transporter 1 and 2 and vegged out until about noon when we decided it was lunch time and went to subway. We then watched footy all day. Grant had to catch a cab at about 3 to make his 5'o'clock flight. After he left, we watched more footy and then went to pick up our friend Calum at his friends house. Rhys and I went in the car with Jamee, the driver, because we had not left the house all day. We watched more footy when we got back. What a lazy day. Then I helped Steve and Nathan study their physiology. I'm a pro at physiology. Not really, but I know my stuff pretty well after having about 4 physiology classes. I felt smart.
I went to bed last night (sunday night) before 9pm since I didn't get much sleep the night before. It was all in good fun though.
That is all for now!
<3 Me

1 comment:

  1. I can only assume from your tale that a swag is a hammock? Very interesting! And I had NO IDEA that you were so into televised sports. And you seem to spend a lot of time in bars....! I feel as though I know so much more about you now that you are half a world from home!

    Love you!! Mom

    ReplyDelete